Friday, July 11, 2008

Kids say the darndest things!

Garrett has a huge obsession with Mickey Mouse. All he talks about is "House! House!" (Mouse! Mouse!) Usually every morning that I'm home with him, I'll let him watch Playhouse Disney, in which the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is part of the lineup. And every morning all I hear about is "House!". So this morning, I was trying to get him to eat his breakfast and the TV was still on. He heard Mickey Mouse asking to join him in his clubhouse, and here's our little conversation:
"House?"
"Yes, Mickey Mouse is on."
"On?!" (in a very desperately excited voice)
"Yes, honey. Mickey Mouse is on."
"All done!"
And he hands me his plate (with half a waffle still on it)
"Down?! Down!" (he wants down from his highchair)
He never did finish breakfast.

No comments: